Description: A spiritual montage using good typography and combining two different photos in Photoshop to blend the photos together.
Process (Programs, Tools, Skills, Steps taken while designing):
- I first cropped the image of the Salt Lake Temple to 8.5 x 11.
- I created a new layer on the image of my daughter in the wedding dress and used a white brush with high opacity to get rid of some of the wrinkles in the front.
- I used the lasso tool around my daughter to move her onto the background image and then created a mask.
- With 100% opacity I used the brush to get rid of the hard edges and green background and then decreased the opacity to under 30% to blend in the dress and my daughter.
- I added the phrase from the LDS Children’s Songbook and used two contrasting fonts giving emphasis on the words “Temple” and “Someday” by increasing the size and making bold.
Message: I wanted to emphasize the importance of the temple and how that is such a wonderful goal for the future even for little children.
Audience: The first audience is my daughter and she loved this, but the rest of my audience is all primary children and parents.
Top Thing Learned: I learned a lot better how layers work and how why it is necessary to flatten the layers to print, but also necessary to keep the layers if I ever want to make future edits.
Filter / Colorization used and where it was applied: I already loved the colors of the images, but adjusted the levels so that they were how they needed to be.
Color scheme and color names: Tetradic-green, blue, red and orange
Title Font Name & Category:
Baskerville Bold-Old Style/Serif
Copy Font Name & Category:
Ariel Regular-Sans Serif
Thumbnails of Images used:
Sources (Links to images on original websites / with title of site):