Project Corrections / Time spent: My stationary project didn’t look quite how I liked it. The margins weren’t correct and the top seemed to be cut off and so I adjusted that. Time spent: 15 minutes. I also re-cropped my web page because it had a white border around it and I didn’t like how that looked in my portfolio. Time spent: 5 minutes. I also made some adjustments to my business cards to make them look professional and spent 10 minutes. And for the remainder of my time I focused on my brochure. I wanted to add more red to the front cover, inside flap and back of my brochure and so I experimented with a few ideas and ultimately decided to add a red outline to my recipe boxes. I also added a dotted border around the information on the back to be consistent with the information on the inside. I adjusted the baseline shift in a couple of areas, changed the font, fixed some missed typography errors in the recipes and eliminated a few missed hyphens. Total time: 2 hours.
Message: A professional way to showcase my work and design style.
Audience: Future employers and clients.
Top Thing Learned: I learned how to make changes to the Master page in InDesign and how that will change the format of the entire document to make it consistent and uniform. I also learned that less is more, and to not create extra things/designs that will detract from my work and designs that I am wanting to highlight.
Future application of Visual Media: With the gained skills that I have acquired I now know I will be able to utilize those skills in many areas of my life including future career opportunities, as well as opportunities I have to design and communicate as a mother with my children and in my church callings.
Color scheme and color names: Monochromatic: black
Title Font Name & Category: Stemple Garamond LT: Oldstyle-serif
Copy Font Name & Category: Helvetica: sans-serif
Thumbnails of Images used:
Sources (Links to images on original websites / with title of site):